Friday 31 October 2008

Good work!

The end of another absolutely manic week. I had a brilliant day today. We had to move IT equipment from one building to another and I was amazed at the speed in which the transition occured. Even if there was some little confusion and hurdles with the removal people thinking that the IT equipment didn't need to be moved? Now seriously?! Who would move offices and leave their old equipment across the road!

I had a phone conversation on the way back from working in Yeovil this evening with another customer. He mentioned that a customer had a computer system fault and that he had recommended us for the work. But bizarrely the person replied and said 'did you know that you were the second person to recommend these people for the work?' and that surprised him as the other person who had recommended us he didn't even know! Now that's networking and keeping our customers smiling!

Another thing that chuffed me on the way home from Yeovil is that during this 100 mile journey, I had an urgent call from a customer who's server had gone down. Being a Friday evening I found it difficult to locate a technician that was still answering their phone in Southampton. I pulled over in a layby, turned on my laptop, plugged in the datacard and from the middle of no where - logged in to their machine and set up a temporary method to get the customer on their way to print some important documents. Unfortunately this means an early Saturday morning visit for me tomorrow but the plus side is that the customer completed the urgent task before their deadline this evening and that I can resolve things properly tomorrow.

If you look after the customer, they will recommend you to others and continue to use your services.

No comments: